Please inform us of your visa approval as soon as you receive it.
You will start to plan your flight and inform The English Island of the arrangements at least 2 weeks prior to your arrival.
You will need to complete the Form I-94 electronically at the airport.
You will need to report to the school the next business day after arrival, register with the PDSO, enroll for classes, and receive the orientation and test date and time.=
Visa Application Instructions:
After you receive your I-20 from TEI, you need to start the process to apply for an F-1 Student Visa. Please pay the $200 SEVIS I-901 fee at least 3 days prior to applying for a visa.
You have two different ways to pay the non-refundable $200 SEVIS fee:
- Visit https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.html to pay online
- Please download the Form I-901 form from https://www.ice.gov/doclib/sevis/pdf/i901.pdf and mail it with a check or money order to the SEVIS processing center in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. The online method is preferred.
Then, please go to https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ to fill out the DS-160 (non-immigrant visa electronic application). Then, schedule your visa interview. Be prepared to bring application documentation to the interview including your passport, transcripts, your form I-20, 2 passport photographs, proof of payment of the SEVIS i-901B fee, and proof of financial support. Please see the attached document for more detailed information. You will need to pay a non-refundable visa application fee of $160 for yourself and an additional $160 for each dependent you will bring.
Please notify the school immediately of your visa approval.
Before your arrival to U.S. checklist:
- Passport with at least 6 months of validity with valid student visa
- Form I-20 signed by the PDSO
- Housing - Including information of location
- SEVIS Fee Receipt
- Receipt for visa application fees
- Acceptance Letter
- Proof of relationship documents for dependents (marriage certificate, birth certificates for children)
- Transcripts or other proof of high school education
- Proof of financial responsibility
Please see the attached document for specific instructions and more detail.
*Please contact the school as soon as possible after your arrival in the U.S. in order to confirm the date and time for the placement test and orientation.